Are you interested in KONE as a corporate business or a career opportunity?Corporate site
Metro City, Shanghai, China
Located in the heart of Shanghai’s business district, the Metro City shopping mall is one of the city’s most iconic landmarks. A crystalline globe-shaped structure is the centerpiece of the complex, and its numerous retail and entertainment outlets are a big hit with city dwellers who come visiting by the tens of thousands. A total of 32 escalators work around the clock, helping move people in and around the mall.
- Location: Xujiahui commercial district, Shanghai, China
- Building opened: 1998
- Escalators modernized: 2020
- Size: 67,000 square meters
- Building type: Commercial
- Daily visitors: 50,000 to 100,000
- Building owner/operator: Shanghai Metro City Business Management Co. Ltd
- Modernize 32 escalators without interrupting day-to-day operations.
- Improve customer convenience and safety, while increasing the eco-efficiency of escalators.
- Preserve smooth people flow in the mall during the modernization process.
- Executed modernization using KONE EcoMod™ escalator modernization solution on existing trusses.
- Planned material flow in advance and delivered materials in batches to limit taking up space in the mall.
- Carried out operations at night to avoid inconveniencing shoppers and other customers.
- 32 KONE EcoMod™ escalators
Explore other landmark projects
These featured projects enrich the urban fabric of their city, and we're proud to have played our part.