Are you interested in KONE as a corporate business or a career opportunity?Corporate site
- Year of completion: 2018
- Length: 19.5 kilometers
- Daily passenger flow 2019: more than 170,000
- Stations along this route: 9
- Building type: Public transportation
- Awards: Shanghai Rail Transit Construction Achievement Competition Award 2018
- Owner: Shanghai Rail Transit Line 5 South Extension Development Co., Ltd.; Shanghai Metro first operation Co., Ltd.
- Developer: Shanghai Shentong Metro Co., Ltd.; Shanghai Rail Transit Line 5 South Extension Development Co., Ltd.
- Architect: Shanghai Tunnel Engineering & Rail Transit Design And Research Institute: Fan Qing
- Contractor: China Railway First Group Co., Ltd.; China Railway 17th Bureau Group Co., Ltd.; Hongrun construction group Limited by Share Ltd; Shanghai Construction No. 4 Group Co., Ltd.
- Add new stations and renovate old ones along the busy line
- Provide a safe and reliable people flow experience for passengers at stations
- Complete expansion and modernization work while the busy line is in use
- Use advanced technology to install specially designed heavy-duty escalators with additional horizontal steps at both the top and bottom ends to improve passenger safety
- Enable quick maintenance response by stationing KONE technicians along the route
- Carry out renovation and expansion work at night to accommodate for daytime traffic
- 49 KONE TransitMaster™ 120 escalators
- 28 KONE TransitMaster™ 140 escalators
- 25 KONE N MonoSpace® elevators
- KONE E-Link™ equipment monitoring system
- KONE Care™ maintenance solution + on-site technicians