Are you interested in KONE as a corporate business or a career opportunity?Corporate site
Shanghai Metro Line 5, China
The Shanghai Metro is among the busiest public transportation networks in the world. The completion of Line 5 marked a major milestone in improving the efficient and sustainable flow of city life as the zig-zagged route is the only one to connect downtown Shanghai with the residential suburb of Fengxian. The KONE solutions and maintenance team on the route keep people flow at the busy stations smooth.
- Year of completion: 2018
- Length: 19.5 kilometers
- Daily passenger flow 2019: more than 170,000
- Stations along this route: 9
- Building type: Public transportation
- Awards: Shanghai Rail Transit Construction Achievement Competition Award 2018
- Owner: Shanghai Rail Transit Line 5 South Extension Development Co., Ltd.; Shanghai Metro first operation Co., Ltd.
- Developer: Shanghai Shentong Metro Co., Ltd.; Shanghai Rail Transit Line 5 South Extension Development Co., Ltd.
- Architect: Shanghai Tunnel Engineering & Rail Transit Design And Research Institute: Fan Qing
- Contractor: China Railway First Group Co., Ltd.; China Railway 17th Bureau Group Co., Ltd.; Hongrun construction group Limited by Share Ltd; Shanghai Construction No. 4 Group Co., Ltd.
- Add new stations and renovate old ones along the busy line
- Provide a safe and reliable people flow experience for passengers at stations
- Complete expansion and modernization work while the busy line is in use
- Use advanced technology to install specially designed heavy-duty escalators with additional horizontal steps at both the top and bottom ends to improve passenger safety
- Enable quick maintenance response by stationing KONE technicians along the route
- Carry out renovation and expansion work at night to accommodate for daytime traffic
- 49 KONE TransitMaster™ 120 escalators
- 28 KONE TransitMaster™ 140 escalators
- 25 KONE N MonoSpace® elevators
- KONE E-Link™ equipment monitoring system
- KONE Care™ maintenance solution + on-site technicians
Explore other landmark projects
These featured projects enrich the urban fabric of their city, and we're proud to have played our part.